Tuesday, January 17, 2006

winter time walks

Walking my dog tonight in near zero degree weather, I could not help but think of spring as we walked through the park where sidewalks have been replaced by a thick layer of hard crusted snow.

Let it be known that I love winter. It is my favorite season of the year. But tonight, something made me want to shed the heavy layers of clothes and relax my muscles. I felt a desire to sit on a park bench with a book and be dissolved by warmth.

But instead I reveled in the way the snowflakes caught the shine of a street light-- the roads, cars, branches--everything dusted by cold winter glitter, even my eyelashes.

I decided that sitting in the park with a book and maybe even a thermos of tea would make a perfect Artist's Date. Oh, but this is Minnesota. And so I decided instead that this week I'll take my date indoors.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chloe said...

nice post.
this happens to be my birthday!

1:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home