Thursday, February 09, 2006

Appreciation

Today I read a blog that reminded me to stop and pay attention, to notice things I take for granted with appreciative eyes. And after reading I noticed that my body was trying to tell me that it needed a break. So I took a nap. I slept hard and now I realize how much I needed it. Later I took a walk in the snow because I didn't want to miss my opportunity to appreciate its beauty. It was relatively warm out and the exercise made me feel good. I loved the way my boots felt swishing through the snow so easily and the occasional patch of ice underneath, smooth as glass. I loved how happy it made my wolfie-dog when she'd run towards me and get surprised with a face full of fluffy snow--over and over. The air and the night was wonderful--and exactly what I needed.

Then I read this and realized that good things have been happening since I woke up this morning. It's good to be reminded that, in many ways, we are responsible for our own realities--and often, it's just a matter of perspective.

5 Comments:

Blogger Laini Taylor said...

Hi Blue Dog! Just saw your post on Marvelous Madness and wanted to say thanks for the kind words about the artwork! Have a good weekend

9:27 PM  
Blogger liz elayne said...

oh thanks for the "shout out" :)
the idea of the matter of perspective is so power-full.
and your description of your walk - beautiful.

10:23 PM  
Anonymous Amy said...

Wow..thanks for that bit of inspiration! I needed it, as I've been feeling a little "not quite with it". I'm sure I can find some things today that I can change for myself.

12:34 AM  
Blogger HoBess said...

As I sit here battling the 4-year-old I read your words and see that, on this day when we have no chores or obligations, I need to just sit and play. Thanks for taking my thoughts to his perspective.

10:05 AM  
Blogger HoBess said...

Thanks for sharing your morning story! (My hubby handles all pets, as you might imagine ... but he never seemed to hear hungry babies!) :)

I had the best tasting toasted cheese sandwich last Friday (instead of my usual salad) Then I got play with Legos and Power Rangers and color in a coloring book. It was all thanks to your post, so I wanted to say thanks again.

10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home