Friday, February 10, 2006

AW Meme Tag

Four wishes, dreams and desires
  1. I wish we (hubby and I) could get into any MFA program we wanted--the best program in the best location--but also the one we'd be happiest in!
  2. I wish we had incomes above the poverty line.
  3. I wish I could have another dog.
  4. I wish I was almost done with my MA work so that I could breath a little easier.
  5. To travel! (sorry, but the fifth one is important too. :)-)
Four Imaginary Lives
  1. woodland fairy (hey, why not?!) :)
  2. professional travel writer--getting paid to travel to far away lands.
  3. a painter with a huge warehouse loft studio and TIME
  4. a mother--will the timing ever be right?
Four things I should change
  1. the ridiculous expectations I place on myself everyday
  2. the amount of nonnecessities I own--I should go through my stuff (and be ruthless!) in order to make room for travel!
  3. my weight (and this is something I'm successfully working on)
  4. my level of self-confidence. I need to get over whatever it is that broke the self-confidence I once had.
Four people I admire
  1. Mark Christensen--a creative writing teacher. I admire his ability to care for his students and to create a nonintimidating writing environment.
  2. Carol Struve--my old painting professor. I admire that she allowed herself to be real. I learned a lot from her. Not just about painting, but about being an individual and an artist.
  3. Nancy Michael--a current professor that I have. She is the smartest woman I have ever met!
  4. Vinny Marianiello--my husband. He is a perfect combination of intelligence and creativity. He's also the most multi-talented person I know.
Four things I like about The Artist Way
  1. The sense of community--new friendships, support, creative connections, inspiration
  2. Writing morning pages. It got me thinking outside the little box I had built around myself and has caused me to "wake up" in more ways than one.
  3. The "tasks." I find myself doing a lot more artwork in my journal and I feel a great sense of satisfaction in doing it.
  4. Reading. One of the most enjoyable things I do all week is sit down and read the chapter. During that time I feel a deep sense of peace and much needed introspection.
Four things I still hope to get out of the Artist Way
  1. Am I blocked? YEs! I hope that this will help me to get over whatever it is that's cblocking my writing so that I can write my thesis--a collection of creative nonfiction essay on my travels in India.
  2. New friendships that last beyond the 12 weeks of the book.
  3. A deeper sense of self.
  4. To trust myself--and learn (again) to follow my heart.
TAG: (only if you want, that is) :)

9 Comments:

Blogger harmonyinline said...

woodland fairy now thats a ideal life

9:37 PM  
Anonymous SB said...

I got tagged the first time. I cheated by answering the original questions.

I'm still resisting.

9:48 PM  
Blogger Blue Dog said...

oops--sorry sb!

10:03 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

Come to think of it, if I had an alternate life I would be one of my cats ;)

10:11 PM  
Blogger Jyesika said...

I've been totally delighted reading your blog, and sort of embarrased that you stumbled upon my blog in a less than productive week of mine (artistically speaking). egads. You seem like a super hip girl.

Where in India are you thinking of going? It costs almost nothing to BE there, it's just the getting there that proves most difficult. I was lucky enough to get money from my parents upon graduating from college. The tickets were probably 2000 round trip, and I mabey spent 300 dollars the whole time I was there, which was about 6 months (and most of that money was actually spent in Malaysia). Anyway, that should be encouraging to you of the low budget. (I am also below the poverty line... )
I'm glad you enjoyed the pictures. I wish I'd been blogging then, I'd have a far more complete tale of my trip. As such I've just got letters home and my pictures that you saw, assuming you saw all 5 sets of them (my navigation buttons were a little confusing on that site).

10:46 PM  
Blogger megg said...

Hi there! Your four imaginary lives are very very close to four I would choose for myself - yes, even the woodland fairy!! But mine would be a huge warehouse loft office full of paper supplies for writing. I really enjoyed reading this post. Thanks for the mention the other day btw!

4:00 AM  
Blogger liz elayne said...

I love lists like this! and it will be fun to make my own so thanks for the tag.
Woodland fairy - wish I could spend this gorgeous day being one. Waving my little fairy wand over the bulbs that are pushing their way through the earth "grow, grow..."

12:02 PM  
Blogger melba said...

I loved getting to know more about you. Your collages in the post below are so full of color...What does your process look like for art journaling. Do you paint and write over it? Thanks for sharing...you are getting braver everyday; I am excited for you!

7:31 PM  
Blogger v said...

how come I'm number four on the list?

3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home