Thursday, February 16, 2006

cute babies and biology

Between this and this I found myself sitting here surprised by tears. Not sad tears, but the kind that sometimes spring from nowhere--an overflow of love and emotions. Today my husband and I went to Target for a few necessities. And then, like always, as we walked past the baby section, I stopped to hold something up and go: awwwhh. And we smile at each other and he says something like: "Put it back; it won't fit you." But as he walks away he's still smiling. And as I slip my arm into his, I am too. It's just that, sometimes, waiting for the "right" time feels like waiting forever. But those dang cute babies--they're everywhere!

5 Comments:

Blogger v said...

but...we already have a baby, in the picture, below. And one outside in the cold.

7:32 PM  
Anonymous donna said...

Heh. There is no "right" time. There are more convenient times, perhaps, but never a "right time."

Kids are a damn nuisance, no matter when you have them. And the most wonderful thing you will ever have. ;^)

2:23 AM  
Blogger naturallynice said...

sounds like your "right" time is here and now for you!!

Thanks for stopping by,

Esther

3:30 AM  
Blogger megg said...

I KNOW!! My brother, two of my close friends, my cousin, and four other closeish friends have all had or are having babies! They ARE everywhere. Very scary little things, but they smell so good... do you think anyone's ever ready?!

5:12 AM  
Blogger HoBess said...

It's such an amazingly hard thing to plan. For me, as soon as I thought we were ready nothing happened. Nothing for almost a year. Then WHAM! I had three babies in 35 months!

You'll turn around and that will be that, no looking back. Enjoy the anticipation, and Anu the Beautiful.

And thanks for sharing the simple bounties of a Minnesota morning. What a wonderful way to see the start of the day!

9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home