Tuesday, February 28, 2006

A few pages of journaling from the past week:

I've been a little delirious and maybe I shouldn't even post these thoughts. But oy, it's all part of the journey--so here it is.

Calm your body and listen.


Joy Eliz gets credit for the "tea art" inspiration. I drank this cup of tea shortly after enjoying her artwork. And well, it "spoke to me."

Tuesday, Feb. 28th
“Meditate by enjoying yourself and letting the universe fill you.” ~from a wise tea bag.

It’s taken this past week of extreme sickness to remind myself of this—although I must admit to myself that I’m not sure exactly what it means in the day to day activities of life. There’s a part of me that wants to discredit the idea because it’s not very realistic, because it doesn’t “pay the bills.” But there’s a more important side of me that knows it’s possible because it is nothing more than a state of mind. I drank this cup of tea while I was working at the gallery. I was sick, but the sun and the quiet and getting out of the house for a few hours felt good. When I read this quote my mind is immediately filled with an image of me sitting on the front step of the house in the sun. It’s summer. I’m drawing in a book and laughing with someone. It’s a moment of pure bliss because it’s not meant to be anything more than it is.

3 Comments:

Blogger megg said...

Sweet moment! I hope that it comes true for you this summer. Glad that you are feeling a bit better now - keep on drinking that tea!!!!!

5:58 AM  
Blogger HoBess said...

Isn't amazing how much we'll give up just to "pay the bills?" I love the image of a summer day and a blank page. Thanks for helping me open up to the universe ...

9:41 AM  
Blogger Joy Eliz said...

What a beautiful post!
Not beautiful that your sick but I love how you are healing yourself -imagery, inspiration and openning up.
The other day my mom read one of my posts about how I was feeling down. She said she had an idea for me...because my power color is purple I should get something to wear that is purple, a blanket, sweatshirt, something comfortable and find a piece of purple art. wrap up in my purple item and look at the purple art.
I really liked the idea - very 'new-age'

So we need to find out what your power color is...
oh, i just came up for an idea for a post...

9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home