Wednesday, February 15, 2006

A Sense of Abundance




"Clearing: Any new changes in your home environment? Make some."

For the past two days I've been working at the flower shop to help for Valentine's Day. As a gift to myself I brought home one of my favorite plants, a hyacinth, to scent my writing room with naturally creative inspiration.

But first I cleaned and decluttered and even moved a rug that was at an angle under my desk. It's been bugging me for several months because my chair kept getting caught funny on it and was annoying. So anyway, today, on Cameron's advice, I've made a few simple changes to create room for positive energy and a little more productivity.

"True life is lived when tiny changes occur." ~Leo Tolstoy

6 Comments:

Blogger GreenishLady said...

I love this picture. I love the hyacinth, the stones / crystals, the mystery of what's that, exactly, the candle-holder, but especially, especially, the tantalising glimpse of so many well-thumbed notebooks, full of Blue Dog wonderful stuff. It feels like such a REAL space. Lovely. Thank you for sharing it.

12:26 PM  
Anonymous kat said...

lovely altar-type space you've got there! i need to make some small changes in my living space. thanks for the reminder. :-)

12:38 PM  
Blogger Frivolitea said...

Wonderful glimpse of a special space.

12:50 PM  
Blogger Jyesika said...

I swear that my living room and bedroom are almost that exact same shade of gree paint. Great minds think alike.

I utterly love those flowers, my mum used to pick them and put them by our beds in the morning. They remind me so much of spring. It's cold out today, and I'm wishing for some.

4:01 PM  
Anonymous krista- the silent k said...

I love the contrast of the purple and green. How pretty.

10:36 PM  
Blogger LoriLaurieLauri said...

Those flowers are soooooo perfect! Absolutely beautiful. LOVE the color!

10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home