Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Look what came in the mail today!!!

How exciting to check the mailbox today and find a package from Melba! I knew it was her the instant I saw it because I recongized her handwriting. I know that all of you exist in the flesh and blood, but it's so cool to get something in the mail with real live handwriting and stamps--all lovingly wrapped in cellophane and hot pink tissue paper--and if that weren't enough, even a little personal note on the inside. And how perfect that there should be a butterfly holding it all together!

Today is the first day of March and it's also the first day that I've started to feel better after a long week of being sick. Spring feels like a definite possibility...and along with it, some much needed new beginnings.

Thank you Melanie!!! Your gift made my day!

5 Comments:

Blogger Cheryl said...

I got my postcards from Melba yesterday. What a great treat!
Glad you're feeling a bit better.

Cheryl

2:49 PM  
Blogger megg said...

hi there - I laughed when I read what you said about people in blog land being real flesh and blood! I got my package from Melanie yesterday too & it was just like you said. I was so happy to remember that everyone out there is REAL and I am making REAL connections. LOVE it!
p.s. I am so glad that you are feeling better!!!

3:47 AM  
Blogger melba said...

Thanks for all the kind words...I feel the love. I only made 3 butterflies, the rest were mostly flowers and I think two hearts(I sent out 13 packages last week) Of course I had no idea on a conscious level that the butterfly was the perfect one for you! It just solidifies my faith in the unseen. We all need to leap...our net is each other!

10:42 AM  
Blogger tess said...

Hello, Blue!

Glad to hear you are getting better. Thank you for sharing this beautiful gift with us. I, too, sometimes have those feelings of "unreality" about this web of cyber friends. Take care--and ease gently back into your "regular" life after this sickness! :)

P.S. Don't remember if I told you about the jealousy "chart" I posted--inspired by you!

1:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

God I'm so glad to know you are on the other side of that flu--- and what a great example you are to me on how to receive fully, joyfully and graciously!

~bluepoppy

6:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home